1 - Choose your price range
2 - Choose your frame
3 - That is it!
Optics is complicated and buying glasses can be frustrating!
Opticians care about things like high quality lenses, handmade acetate frames, modern lens technology with laser cutting techniques and all that nerdy stuff. We are exactly the same. It is important for us that quality stands out and we spend a lot of time and energy researching and leaning these things.
But there is an issue. You, the paying public, do not spend all this time learning the fine intricacies of optics. You don't know the technological differences between one lens and another and how it affects your vision. You have other things that consume your time and energy.
When you go to the opticians, though, that is what is asked of you - to choose which lens (out of a literal choice of thousands) you want?
We feel, that what is important to you is, that the glasses do what they are meant to do, they do it well and they don't cost you a fortune to do it. You don't want to have to go through all the process of hearing the different choices and their benefits and then having a sales associate push you to a more expensive lens. You just want to get a pair that suits you and get on with your life knowing that they will work. If that describes you - then please read on.
Looks Opticians works in a very simple and easy to understand way. It boils down to 2 things:
1. Complete Pricing. All the frames have the lens cost built into the price.
2. Price Banding. Frames are divided into several different price points. Each section will give you a price for how much a single vision, Bifocal, Occupation and Varifocal lens costs for that section. All you have to do is choose which one is acceptable to you and choose a frame from that section.
What about quality?
We asked ourselves:
"If I was buying glasses for myself - What would I want as standard?"
We would expect a certain quality from the glasses and we think it is unreasonable to offer you anything less than what we would want for ourselves.
So, all of our glasses include:
- Anti-Reflection if an optician walked into work and his glasses did not have this - we would laugh him out the shop! It is a basic standard. We provide a good quality version too.
- Scratch Resistance you would think this was a given, but you would be surprised. At Looks, its a basic standard.
- Water Repellent Not something you might think of but essential for us. It helps to keep the glasses looking their best.
If you are buying any price range from us, we promise you these basic standards.
When it comes to varifocals we know that usability is a prime factor as we are sure there are many of you who have struggled with these lens types. Believe us when we say - we can help you. We have factored in the price a high quality varifocal that we KNOW will work for you.
We don't want you to have to worry about all the details - that is our job as the trained experts. All we want from you is to choose a frame that you like and trust us to make the right choices for you.
If you are working to a strict budget then let us know what it is and we will tell you what is the best we can get for you and in which banding then leave it to us to exceed your expectations.
That sounds good but my prescription is complicated and needs something specific!
We have you covered. We understand that not everyone fits into one box and sometimes we need to provide something more.
We believe in simplicity. If you need more then is advertised we have a simple upgrade system - We just ask for £50 more. For this flat fee we can access a whole range of products that will take care of all your needs.
We will never overcharge you. If we think your prescription warrants the £50 upgrade we will tell you from the outset otherwise, don't worry about it. Let us worry about the details
Let us take care of you - By taking care of everything.